Paris, France. La Ville Lumière, the city of Light, the one that never sleeps. Millions of visitors flock to the French capital every year to enjoy the culture, the buzz and of course the unique ‘Frenchness’ of it all. It’s the perfect place for a romantic break, for those who enjoy a good meal with a great bottle of wine, for art and museum lovers, history buffs and shopaholics. Paris is also increasingly a favorite destination on a world backpacking tour, a city break destination and the place to party the night away with friends and an international jet set.
The charm of Paris tourism extends beyond the above forever, and a few days sightseeing around the Eiffel Tower, Disneyland and Louvre are barely enough to scratch the surface of this fabulous city. Despite Paris being uniquely French, it is the blend of many international cultures and foreign residents that add a little spice to the city. You may want to spend your day looking at the Mona Lisa and buying a baguette in the local boulangerie, but you will never be far from some excellent Tunisian or Moroccan couscous restaurants, and African themed bar or a market selling spices and North African dress.
If nightlife charms you, head off to Montarte where you can spend the evening by just chilling out with friends and enjoy few glasses of wines in one of the bistros. Still looking for some more entertainment? Catch a cabaret show in one of the restaurants to enjoy a nice ‘musical’ dinner.
In conclusion, Paris is the centre of multicultural France, and you will be amazed at its scope and diversity. Each one of you should visit Paris at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit Paris.
Essential travel information and Paris tips for your visit
- Time Zone: CEST (Central European Summer Time)
- Currency: Euro (EUR)
- Electricity & Internet: Voltage: 220 -240 volts. Primary socket type – Europlug, Schuko. Internet is available in the hotels and some areas of Paris.
- Language: French is the official language in Paris. However, only handful of people speaks English.
- The most important emergency number: 112
- Medical emergency: 15
- Police: 17
- Fire brigade: 18
- Social emergency: 115
- Abused children: 119
- Missing children: 116000
- For emergency calls for deaf and people with hearing problems: 114
- Exploring the city on foot is considered as an ideal option to explore Paris. Local markets are a great way to rub shoulders with the locals, as are some of the more obscure attractions. Try the airplane museum at Le Bourget, or a tour of the fantastic Stade de France. Take a walking ghost tour of Montmartre or a bus trip to Versailles for some great sights away from the crowds. Check out all the Paris tours that suites your interest.
- Service charges are already added in the restaurant bills. However, extra tips are accepted if you are satisfied with the service.
- Check the taxi price beforehand from the hotel so that you don’t end up paying more. In Montmartre, watch out for the Africans who will try and have you fall into a trap or two by tying bracelets around your arm and then charging you €20 for the pleasure. Around the Eiffel tower, make sure not to donate any money to the poor, deaf children who will approach you with a sheet of paper detailing their plight. They’re not deaf, and if you feel a pull on your conscience, better donate to a registered charity.
- Make sure you say bonjour (or bon soir) on most occasions – from entering a shop to a lift or even to a room full of people. If it is you entering the room/shop/bar/lift make sure you’re the one doing the ‘bonjour-ing’. Don’t expect the waiter in restaurants to be all over you, asking how the meal is and checking up every ten minutes. You’ll be left alone to enjoy your meal.
- Instead of spending money in expensive restaurants, you can opt for local fromageries for grabbing a small bite.
- Instead of climbing till the top of Eiffel tower, you can enjoy the great view from the first floor itself.
Paris Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Paris. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Paris trip planner.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Paris
Save 10%Paris Catacombs Special Access Tour
2 Hrs90 Reviews
Save 10%Kids and Families Skip-the-Line Private Louvre Tour in Paris
3 Hrs33 Reviews
Save 13%Moulin Rouge Show Ticket Paris
2 Hrs3619 Reviews
Save 7%Paris to Versailles Round-Trip Shuttle Transfer by Luxury Bus
45 Mins39 Reviews