Last Updated 24 May 2018
Your privacy is important to us. We at JoGuru Inc. (“TripHobo”, “triphobo.com”, “we”, “us”, “our”) value your privacy and are committed to safeguarding any personal data you give us.
This document describes how we collect, use, process, and disclose your information, including personal information while using our services. TripHobo offers online travel related services and information through multiple media such as its website, mobile app, partner websites or social media. The information provided in this document is applicable to services offered through all these platforms.
1. Information we collect
This can be broken down into four categories.
- Personal Information you give us.
We collect the information you share with us while creating an account with us or while using our platform.
- Account Information: We require certain information such as your full name and email address during our sign-up process.
- Profile Information: As a part of your profile on TripHobo, we may also collect some additional information such as your date of birth, current city, gender, profile picture, bio etc. Certain parts of your profile such as your name and profile pic etc. might be visible to the public while using certain features.
- Travel Information: We collect information related to your travel plans whenever you create an itinerary using our free trip planner. These itineraries are by default private where although your itinerary is available for others to see, we do not associate it with any personal identification such as your name and publish it as a guest itinerary. You have the option to make these itineraries public for the benefit of the travel community. We also collect your contact information during any tour booking activity as a part of ensuring proper communication before or during the tour taking place.
- Payment Information: We ask for your financial data such as card information when you book tours & activities from us. This is however processed directly by our safe and trusted payment partner and we do not store any of it at our end.
- Authentication related information: In certain circumstances while or after booking a tour, we might ask for your identification document (in most cases a government issued ID card) or other authentication document when required or requested by the tour operator.
- Communication related information: Whenever you need to get in touch with TripHobo using any platform such as email, social media, phone and(or) chat tool etc., we collect the information related to the communication held. Any communication with the TripHobo customer support for any product related inquiries is also collected by us.
- Other information: We also collect information when you provide it to us in the form of any forms, surveys, or contests that we may run from time to time. In addition to this, activities such as providing reviews, testimonials, or any other form of contribution to the site is also collected.
- Personal Information you give us about others.
- Personal Information we collect automatically when you use TripHobo
- Location related Information: When you use certain features on TripHobo using either our website or mobile app, we may collect your approximate or precise location based on data such as your IP address or your mobile’s GPS to provide you with a better experience. Mostly all mobile devices give you an easy access to control your location services through the device’s settings.
- Device and Usage Information: When you access our platform using either our website or mobile app, we automatically collect your device information such as device’s software and hardware information, device event information, crash data, cookie data and other such information. We also collect information such as pages visited, page engagement, content searched, page navigation, bookings made and other such actions.
- Personal Information we receive/collect from other sources
- Third party services: If you decide to link, connect, or login to your TripHobo account with a third-party source such as Facebook, the third party may send us information such as your registration and profile information from that service. Third party services might also be services such as Google, who may send us information related to you when we integrate some of their services on our platform. This information varies and is controlled by the third party or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- Payment services: We have also integrated third party service providers to facilitate the payments on our website. These service providers also share information related to your payment so that we can administer and handle your bookings better.
We automatically collect certain information when you start using our website or app to improve our services.
We may also receive your information from other sources, including personal information, when you use our services, or when we obtain such information from other sources and combined with the information provided by you. These other sources may include business partners, affiliate partners and other such third parties. We do not control, supervise, or respond for how the other sources providing your information process your personal data, and any such information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us should be directed to these other sources.
2. How we use the Information we collect
We use, store and process the information collected from you for a variety of purposes as described in the following section:
- Managing bookings: We use your personal data, and the data you provide us about others during the booking process to ensure and fulfill your bookings with us. We may also require this data to be communicated to our partners who are involved in conducting the actual services you seek and book on our platform.
- Account management: The information you provide during the sign-up process or by filling in the profile helps us maintain and administer your account. This account helps you keep a track of all your travel plans including all the itineraries created on our platform along with any tours & activity bookings. This also gives you an easy access to manage these bookings and also to control what information is available for the public view. In case of a business account, this account helps you manage the products you have uploaded in our platform.
- Communication purposes: Personal information you provide helps us get in touch with you. This can be of various nature – to revert in case of any inquiry or information you seek from us, to communicate your details to our partners conducting the actual booking, inform about any important information concerning your upcoming bookings, seeking feedback for using our services, communicating important product or policy updates etc.
- Marketing activities: We may use your personal information to conduct some marketing activities such as sending you relevant travel related information, communicating both generic and personalized offers, sending you special offers being run by our business partners that might be relevant to you or communicating promotional activities that we may run from time to time and updates related to the same. You may easily opt out of these marketing activities by opting for the unsubscribe link in case of an email campaign or visiting your profile on TripHobo and changing the marketing related settings. We occasionally also conduct analytics that is used to refine the relevance of our marketing efforts.
- Improving ad services: We also use the information to help us optimize the placement, size, timing, and the number of ads displayed to you. It enables us to make smart decisions that help this website earn money but reduce the disruption of ads on your experience.
- Improving our services: We also use the information you provide us for performing analytics and conducting research. This is done to optimize and improve our services and enhance the user experience at TripHobo.
- Legal purposes: Under certain circumstances, we might require to use your information to handle and resolve legal disputes to comply with lawful requests from the law enforcement.
Lawful bases for processing your data
Information processed for managing bookings and communication purposes as stated above is necessary for the performance of a contract, i.e. finalizing and executing your bookings with us. If the required personal information is not provided to us, we won’t be able to confirm your bookings, nor would we be able to communicate it with you.
Marketing activities, communication & performing analytics and research as stated above lies under our legitimate business interest to provide our services in a better manner, to improve upon it and also in order to sometimes prevent fraud.
As stated above, TripHobo may process your data wherever applicable on compliance with legal obligations upon request from the law enforcement bodies.
3. Sharing your data
We will share your personal data with third parties during certain scenarios as mentioned below:
- With Tour Suppliers: Once you book a tour on our website, we will pass on your relevant information to our tour suppliers (partners) who will be the ones conducting the actual tour on ground. The information provided by you will determine the status of the booking. The information provided to the tour supplier might include your name, contact details, payment details, any preferences you might have specified during the booking process, and information about your fellow guests taking the tour with you.
- Business partners: Along with our tour suppliers, we also work with certain business partners who are tour aggregators like us. There are also many hotel booking partners we work with. When you make a booking on any of these partners website, there might be scenarios on a need-by-need basis only when we exchange your personal information such as your name, contact details, payment details, booking id and other relevant details depending on the purpose with our business partners.
- With advertisers: We also work with certain advertisers to help run this website. Information, as registered in marketing cookies is used for tracking and is shared with these advertisers for displaying ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user.
- Payment Partner: While booking a tour with us, we have payment partners in place who help us complete your transaction. In case when a chargeback is requested for your booking by either you or the holder of the card used to complete the booking, we might need to share certain booking details with these partners.
- Competent authorities: We disclose personal data to law enforcement upon request from law enforcement bodies. This might be strictly necessary for prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts or fraud or if we are legally obliged to do so.
- Other third parties: There might be occasions when we use other third-party services such as marketing partners or others that might require some of your personal data. These partners are bound by confidentiality clauses and are not allowed to use any of your data for purposes other than as specified by us. We respect your privacy and we will ensure that it is always protected while indulging with any such partners.
- TripHobo users: When you create a trip plan on TripHobo, it is private by default. But in case you opt to make it public, some of the data as entered in the itinerary such as your name, date of travel, hotels added, and others would be available to the public to view. You always have the option to go to your profile and control the setting of the itinerary. Your name would also appear when you use certain features in TripHobo such as writing a review, asking or replying to a question or any such activities.
- Social media: We may also from time to time and strictly with your consent share some data on social media or blog about your travel or TripHobo experiences for the benefit of the travel community. We also have certain social media plugins integrated on our website using which you can share and post things on those platforms. Commenting on blogs or writing reviews using third party plugins such as Facebook and others will be available on our platform and visible for the public to view.
4. Third Party Partners & Integrations
5. Using TripHobo services on mobile device
Whenever you use our app or the mobile version of our website, processing of personal data you provide us happens in the same way as when using the regular website. However additional data such as device information, location information etc. might also be tracked when using our services through a mobile device. Disabling the location information is normally a feature present in almost all mobile devices. With your consent, we may also send you push notifications from time to time that we think is relevant to you.
6. Personal data about Children
The services offered by TripHobo are not directed at children under 13 years old and we do not knowingly collect or retain personally identifiable information from them. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has obtained an account or services, then you may write to us at email@example.com and request that TripHobo deletes that child’s personal information from our systems.
7. Safeguarding your Personal data
We undertake reasonable measures to prevent any misuse of and gaining unauthorized access to personal data that you entrust to us. Our security procedures take both online and offline, technical and physical access into consideration while storing data into our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access your personal data during their course of work.
8. Controlling your Personal data
You may review, update, or delete the information from your TripHobo account by logging into your account and reviewing your profile details and settings.
You can delete your TripHobo account at any point of time by logging into your account and selecting the delete profile option. In case of any difficulties while doing so, you can write a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Account deletion request”.
Other than the above, you can also get in touch with us for the following:
- You can write to us to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold about you
- Under certain circumstances, you may also ask us to erase, block or restrict the processing of your personal data and we will take measures to oblige to your request
- Under certain circumstances, you may also ask us to send the personal data given by you that is transferred to a third party
Where ever we have used your personal data based on your consent, you are entitled to withdraw that consent at any point of time subject to applicable law.
10. Contact Us
JoGuru Technologies Pvt Ltd. Office No C-206, Teerth Technospace, Mumbai-Bangalore Highway, Behind Mercedes Benz Showroom, Baner, Pune, Maharashtra 411045, India
You may also mail us at email@example.com